Monday, February 11, 2013

Townsend Huguley


I was hoping to be able to present a different topic from the list of topics from the website. Honestly, none of them interested me and I want to write about something that I truly care about. I want to write about eating disorders. I want to expand on the idea of magazines brainwashing teenage minds to present the “ideal image” of a woman. I want to find out why young women want to starve themselves or throw up their meals. I believe that the main things that brainwash women into second guessing their beauty is media and people.
Some questions I hope to address are as follows: What really creates the emotion in a woman that makes her believe that she is not beautiful? How many young women go through this experience, or even think about such things? What can we do to stop this idea from entering the minds of women?
Every woman, at some point in her life, has come across the idea that she is not beautiful and she needs to be skinner to attain the level of beauty she strives for; through that idea, I believe that most women consider the idea of starving themselves. I think this is an issue that needs to be addressed in the lives of every woman around the world. I think the issue needs to be resolved beginning in the lives of young children.
This topic interests me very much. I have been through a time when I didn’t think I am “good enough” and I still go through times when the idea affects me. I have definitely thought about starving myself (but, I really could not do that because I enjoy food too much). Also, as a member of Kappa Delta sorority, one of our philanthropies is the Girl Scouts of America. Through partnering with the girl scouts, we wish to instill a love of others, as well as a love of ourselves into their hearts — That they may grow up and not hesitate in loving who they are.  

No comments:

Post a Comment