Sunday, February 10, 2013

Conspiracies Theories Are Fun


I am still looking at some options for my research topic, but I know that I want to write a research paper on a conspiracy theory. More specifically I want to write this paper on a conspiracy that deals with the United States Government. This interests me because we, as Americans, tend to take everything we hear on the news at face value. I believe that in some cases, the media is not telling us the whole story. I am interested in digging deeper in to a specific story and really looking at the evidence at face value.
            I will be questioning the given evidence throughout my paper and whether or not I think there is something missing. I will look at what the media says, the government says, but more importantly what the eyewitnesses have to say. I will compare the three, see if they line up, and continue from there. There are times when after the fact, other people come out and make a statement about an incident, but no one notices them, or the media decides not to air it. My hypothesis is that in most incidents the news is correct, but I believe that there are some sketchy issues that have happened that the government is not telling the people the whole truth on.
            I know that there will be a significant amount of articles on whatever conspiracy theory. There will be lots of people who want answers who are willing to write on their stance on a topic.
            This essay is very relevant to society. Every American is under the same authority, the government. If the government is lying to the people, than the people need to know. The people have the right to know what is going on in their country. They deserve unbiased, uncut news. This essay will also inform the readers to look at the evidence and not to take everything they hear as truth. They have to look themselves and if the facts don’t line up then they need to do something about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment