Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Tigger





I found this rhetorical source upon further investigation of the Siberian Tiger’s history and efforts to conserve the very few wild tigers still extant.  I chose this source in particular because I felt that it perfectly conveyed the feelings I desire to inspire in the audience of my research paper.  That feeling is one of profound sadness and anger, anger toward the evil few who neglect laws and continue to ruthlessly and carelessly hunt the tiger, even as his numbers continue to dwindle.  One would think that even a poacher would understand the importance of tiger conservation… In earnest, the tiger may be his most valuable resource.  I digress.  Furthermore, I would propose that this rhetorical image is valuable in not only the proliferation of conservation to others, but also inspiring more emotion in myself.  As I gazed upon the childlike faces of these majestic cubs, I realized something very significant.  As we continue to dialogue about the importance of tiger conservation, we need to keep in mind that we are not only talking about giant beasts but also baby cubs.  These animals are harmed to a greater extent than any others because not only are they in direct danger, but they face an indirect danger also.  If, at a young age, their mother is killed, they are guaranteed to suffer greatly and can potentially die in the wild.  Ultimately the ecological implications of this advertisement are very real.  We, humans, have a great responsibility to watch over and protect the habitats and lives of the tigers that we hold so dear, particularly those of us who celebrate the tiger as an official mascot of our universities.  This example’s rhetoric didn’t differ from my own opinions directly, however, its approach was different from my own, allowing me to glean information and rhetoric that I had not considered before.

No comments:

Post a Comment