Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Oblivious Mommy

My topic is on the fact that I feel as if you should have some form of license to become a mother. I am not just talking about the United States of America; I am talking about the whole world. This topic interests me because there were so many times when I came across a story on the internet or the television about “mothers” mistreating their children that left me baffled and disgusted. There are females in this world that truly should not be mothers. I am not just talking about abuse, I am talking about events that are just as serious, but nothing serious is being done about it, such as leaving your baby in a car seat on the roof of a car and driving off! That example is way more than negligence. It is a topic that I feel emotionally strong about. There are many questions that come to my mind that I feel will guide my research. (1) What can statistics prove/are there any outstanding statistics? (2) What is being done about these situations (3) If nothing is being done, what can be done? If there is a license requirement to become a mother, the majority of the females who truly want to become a mother will put in the work to do so. I can easily pull up some appalling news articles, as well as some videos, possibly some documentaries on most of the situations I am referring to. The concept of this is not just to stop the abuse, or the neglect. There are females out there having babies and don’t know the first step to taking care of them. Sure, there are books and guidelines on being a first-time mother, but they are one hundred percent optional. It’s almost the exact same concept as those who take the steps needed to get their driver’s license.

No comments:

Post a Comment