Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Alexis Brierley Documentary


The documentary, Never Say Never, tells the story of a young Justin Bieber rising to stardom and his rags to riches tail of fame and fortune. To do this, the producers decided to tag along to one of his concerts and see what goes on behind the scenes in order to tell his story and show audiences what Justin Bieber is really like. Before watching this documentary a few years ago, I myself was not a Justin Bieber fan. I made fun of him like the rest of the people my age because, yes, he was a little small kid and, yes, he seemed a little obnoxious. However, after watching this documentary I… really liked him. I admit, after seeing him sing One Less Lonely Girl, I fangirled a little bit. What I think made this documentary successful is how personal it was. It really held nothing back when telling the story of Justin Bieber. Not only did it show him in his raw moments, including a particular scene where he had to cancel a show because of a throat sickness, but it also showed him just being a kid and having a good time. Additionally, the story about his past unfolded between scenes of his concert. His mother told the story about her teenage pregnancy and her relationship with Justin Bieber’s father. We met Justin Bieber’s friends in his home town and saw what it was like to deal with his millions of fans. The film used an international superstar’s personal story to grab your attention. America loves a rags to riches story, which Justin Bieber represents. It is easy to see what made this film so successful. Although Justin Bieber has been getting some negative attention lately, I think this movie really made me a Justin Bieber fan for good. Even if he may not be the coolest artist or even the most talented, he just seems like an overall cool guy to hang around with.

No comments:

Post a Comment